About Me

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I love gerbera daisies. 20something laid back gal with an Irish-Catholic background and a thirst for beer and whiskey. Above are the Irish rioting in Philly, I aim to do my best to uphold the tradition. This is the story of my Philadelphia takeover.

2.19.2008

Daddy's Girl

I am, I can't even deny it. I'm his first girl after four boys and his only child to follow an artistic way of life with my head lifted high in spite of all the hubbub from extended family asking about corporate careers. I have faithfully pursued and loved music, just like him and despite growing up in a small town feel at ease in the city. He always said he was a city boy.
Sunday night I flew out of Philadelphia and landed in Lansing, Mi around midnight and at 7am this morning I flew back to Philadelphia---but it was worth it. I saw my brother Jim, his wife Julie and their little boy Jack. I saw my Aunt Suz, my mom, my cousins Samantha and Annie, my brothers Greg and Scott. Most importantly I saw my father, who is doing well after his surgery. He's holding his head high and unlike a few months ago when he could barely speak about his procedure, he is now saying with a smirk "I gave up my prostate for lent." This is why I love my poppa, he's subtle and sweet and in spite of having 7 small incisions in his middle, still the king of the snuggle----

2 comments:

The Cozy Herbivore said...

I'm so glad you got to go home!

Anonymous said...

I cried a little when I read that he said he gave up his prostate for lent..laughter is the best medicine...I am so glad you got to see your poppa