About Me

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I love gerbera daisies. 20something laid back gal with an Irish-Catholic background and a thirst for beer and whiskey. Above are the Irish rioting in Philly, I aim to do my best to uphold the tradition. This is the story of my Philadelphia takeover.

4.14.2008

Nothing Left to Lose


"Oh I am a lonley painter. I live in a box of paints. I'm frightened by the devil and I'm drawn to those ones who ain't afraid."
Sing it to me Joni. There's something so strangely childlike and yet motherly in the tone of Joni Mitchell's voice and verse.

It's been a week. I thought I'd recovered from a stressful week (as in 2 weeks ago) but realized quickly I had not. Things have been rough. I've been a whipping boy for things out of my control within my working environment and when you log 6 days a week with 3 days being 12 hr days, that makes for a difficult work life.
Beyond work I've been the winner of a personal raincloud. Wednesday night we celebrated the birthday of my lovely co-worker and somewhere on my walk home from Cantina my license and debit card fell out of my pocket. I immediately called the restaurant and then retraced my steps that same night. I found my gloves (they too had fallen out of my pocket) but no cards. I've been dealing with getting my driver's license so I can fly to Michigan in two weeks. Tomorrow I'll be at the DMV on Columbus between Dickinson and Morris if anyone wants to hang out with me!
Friday my phone died unexpectedly. After going through the silliness of adding Beth to my account (since I didn't have ID to show I had to add someone authorized to my account who DID have identification) and after getting a new phone my old phone randomly started working again fine. I think I'm going to take the new one back and hopefully when my phone dies for good I can get a nice phone unlike the POS I'd orginally gotten since I'm poor right now.
Somewhere in the midst of this I received a not so exciting and entirely unexpected bill from my dentist for work I had done after my bike accident (it's going to be a year June 15th, I hate medical BS) and Saturday morning my cat peed on the dress I had laid out for work.
I'm strangely not losing my mind completely though I did spend 30 minutes on the phone with my mom today talking through everything. She always makes me feel better and can make me smile no matter the situation. She sent my birth certificate to me so I could get my license and wrote a note that started out "I think you went a little overboard by losing your license just so I would write you a letter."
I can't wait to see my family in two weeks.
One nice surprise was the great haircut Jay gave me in the girls' kitchen the other night. I think he cut my hair with fabric scissors but that just makes it all the more funny and fitting I suppose.

Today Dalice and I sat in the park. I can't wait to live all day in Jefferson Square Park this summer. I can't I can't I can't. (I'm starting to live in the park this Friday when it's supposed to be 79 degrees!)

No comments: