About Me

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I love gerbera daisies. 20something laid back gal with an Irish-Catholic background and a thirst for beer and whiskey. Above are the Irish rioting in Philly, I aim to do my best to uphold the tradition. This is the story of my Philadelphia takeover.

4.02.2008

Medicine Means Money


I'm growing and learning and sadly becoming responsible...almost. Today I managed to purchase my opening night dress for Les Mis from the Curiosity Shoppe, in spite of not having any money/needing to use that money for medical things. You see The Curiosity Shoppe a thrift shop and I was in love and so I couldn't NOT get it?! I played the "my rent check hasn't gotten to my landlord and I get paid tomorrow" game. That's a dangerous game to play but it's almost 5pm and the banks are closing and my rent check won't get to my landlord in Florida for at least another day so I'm fine. Gosh I sound like I'm still in college.
Today I went to the physical therapist for the last time. My muscles surrounding my knees have gotten exponentially stronger and my doc said I was looking good. Before saying my final goodbyes to my PT's I learned how to tape my kneecap in place, crazy. I was going to buy tape from them but they wanted $15 for the undertape and $15 for the medical tape (Leuko Tape). In all of my years of sports I have never paid more than $6 for a good roll of medical tape so I said "naw way yo" and plan on doing some online research and getting a deal (or possibly taking advantage of Aunt Suz's affiliated w/ a hospital.). I also have to get this stuff called "Cosamin", it's a glucose suppliment that is going to help maintain the cartilidge levels in my bod (mostly needed for under my kneecaps). I went to Walgreens and found it, $32 for a bottle of 72 pills. Whatev's yo. I'm going online and finding a Canadian friend to buy me drugs, yeesh!
Medicine is expensive.

1 comment:

she's so street said...

that game is my favorite.