About Me

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I love gerbera daisies. 20something laid back gal with an Irish-Catholic background and a thirst for beer and whiskey. Above are the Irish rioting in Philly, I aim to do my best to uphold the tradition. This is the story of my Philadelphia takeover.

5.15.2008

Seperation of Church and State


What about seperation of work and play? I'm starting to get weirded out by people asking where I was after work or on days off like I've done something wrong by going out and about. I was asked by my boss today if I had gone to the bar the night before. I had in fact gone home after work and fallen asleep quite quickly due to exhaustion. I was then asked if I'd gone out the night before last. Instead of asking why I was being grilled I just said yes that I'd gone out for a few beers with some friends. Truth be told though, I'm annoyed at myself for answering. What I do in my time outside of work is really my business. But since I'm really a rather boring story I might as well just lay it out even though it's boring:

Sometimes I go out to a bar and drink beer with my friends. Sometimes I sit in my room and play my guitar for hours. Sometimes I sit in my room with my friends and drink beer and play my guitar for hours. Sometimes I clean my room, sometimes I do puzzles, sometimes I lay in the park sleeping and soaking up the sunshine, most days I go to the gym and sweat like crazy, some days I read and write and sing along to music too loudly.

I told you it was boring. Really...Who cares? I have nothing to hide. I'm really a rather humdrum kinda gal.

1 comment:

The Cozy Herbivore said...

AMEN SISTER!!!!

Great blog. (Clenches fist, raises over head)