About Me

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I love gerbera daisies. 20something laid back gal with an Irish-Catholic background and a thirst for beer and whiskey. Above are the Irish rioting in Philly, I aim to do my best to uphold the tradition. This is the story of my Philadelphia takeover.

6.08.2008

A Celebration of Beautiful Bones

Well folks, the votes are in and the verdict is this, my wrist is looking great. I am still experiencing pain but he says that should be getting better over the course of the next few months. The celebration is official today. Here's my victory dance:

That's right, I am doing the Philadelphia Women's Triathlon again. I've been working out consistently for about two months but I haven't been doing tri-specific work so it's going to be a tough 5 weeks but I'm ready for it. It felt amazing doing a brick the other day and my core is definitely stronger this year which will make a huge difference in my endurance ability.
It's been a long, tough road but hitting that button to submit my registration felt amazing. I also love being able to tell people I'm doing it. There's something incredibly empowering about being able to say I'm doing it again and having people be inspired by that.
So here we go team. July 13th please come out and support your now-not-broken-but-now-bionic friend! I'll be racing, hopping into someone's car and heading to the theatre to work but during that time between the start and finish any and all voices will be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

The Cozy Herbivore said...

Congratulations! Yay!!!!!

And I would like to add that your food posts make me drool.

That is all.