About Me

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I love gerbera daisies. 20something laid back gal with an Irish-Catholic background and a thirst for beer and whiskey. Above are the Irish rioting in Philly, I aim to do my best to uphold the tradition. This is the story of my Philadelphia takeover.

2.27.2008

Train of Thought


Elliott just doesn't take my work seriously.


Yesterday I lent myself to some train of thought writing. It's always interesting when I allow myself to fall into that place somewhere between being totally aware and entirely gone. Allowing my pen (or rather computer keys) to document the trip is even more interesting.
I sometimes look back and can't believe some of the things I've written because I was only somewhat aware that the ideas had passed through my stream of consciousness.
I'm continuing to make myself set aside time each week to explore things of the creative nature. Yesterday I did what might be called stream of consciousness drawing and discovered a subject that I am currently obsessed with (and rightfully so) is hands and wrists.
Monday I found out that the ultrasound machine that I'm using on my wrist is starting to help my bone to heal but that I'm still dealing with a section of bone that isn't repaired. I'm going to use it for another 8 weeks and at the end of that time if I am not healed I am officially a candidate for a bone graf. That does not sound like something I want to have happen in my life!
So I just kept coming back to wrists, hands and arms. I especially love the way large, strong hands look. I have an idea brewing for the aforementioned art show I'd like to do. I want to start constructing something with one of the desk drawers I found. I want to make this idea a reality.
Speaking of reality, I watched "Reality Bites" yesterday. What a grand escape into the 1990's. The Big Gulp never had it so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it happens..I have been obsessed with eyes

The Cozy Herbivore said...

May I just say that real McKenna is so much prettier than cyber McKenna?